miércoles, 11 de julio de 2012

"God Bless America"


Algunos apartes de "God Bless America", que me parecieron buenos:

"It's not nice to laugh at someone who's not all there. It's the same type of freak show distraction that comes along every time a mighty empire starts collapsing. "American superstarz" is the new coliseum. And I won't participate in watching a show where the weak are torn apart every week for our entertainment.

I'm done, really. Everything is so cruel now. I just want it all to stop.

(...)I mean, nobody talks about anything anymore. They just regurgitate everything they see on TV or hear on the radio or watch on the web. When was the last time you had a real conversation with someone without somebody texting or looking at a screen or a monitor over your head? You know, a conversation about something that wasn't celebrities, gossip, sports or pop politics? You know, something-- something important or something personal.

(...) Oh, I get it and I am offended. Not because I got a problem with bitter, predictable, whiny, millionaire disk jockeys complaining about celebrities or how tough their life is while I live in an apartment with paper-thin walls next to a couple of neanderthals who instead of a baby decided to give birth to some kind of nocturnal civil defense air raid siren that goes off every fucking night like it's pearl harbor.

I'm not offended that they act like it's my responsibility to protect their rights to pick on the weak like pack animals or that we're supposed to support their freedom of speech when they don't give a fuck about yours or mine.

(...) I would defend their freedom of speech if I thought it was in jeopardy. I would defend their freedom of speech to tell uninspired, bigoted, blow-job, gay-bashing, racist and rape jokes all under the guise of being edgy.

But that's not the edge. That's what sells. They couldn't possibly pander any harder or be more commercially mainstream because this is the "oh, no, you didn't say that" generation where a shocking comment has more weight than the truth.

No one has any shame anymore. And we're supposed to celebrate it.

(...) I mean, why have a civilization anymore if we no longer are interested in being civilized?" (La negrita es mía)

No hay comentarios.: